What I’d love for you good people to ponder today is this:
I’m calling time on saying sorry for sh*t we don’t need to apologise for.
Have you noticed how much (especially as women) we tend to over-apologise and say sorry when it’s not actually required?! It’s a weird habit, and one worth revising. Things I am no longer apologising for:
- Not always being available (time, attention and energy are limited, it’s not personal, it’s just freaking MATHS)
- Prioritising the things that matter (to ME)
- Not giving an answer right away (it’s ok to think about it)
- Working at the pace that’s right for me on voluntary projects (it needs to fit in with my life, not the other way round!)
- When it’s not actually MY FAULT there is an issue! (why the hell am I saying sorry – YOU say sorry!)
Forget the bubble bath. This. Is. Real. Self. Care. #thisisrealselfcare
What about you, my lovely? What do you want to STOP apologising for? This is a primary boundary of self-care where we show up for ourselves. I’m all ears. Let me know here.